Saturday, November 12, 2005

Jacob's Ladder and Donations

It’s a good thing I don’t have to type with my legs or feet. Nick and I have just completed Jacob’s Ladder – Nick for the second time and I for the first time. It took about 35 minutes for me to go up, rest, and come down, which is a quick workout, but very intensive. I am upstairs in Nick’s office now and don’t think I will be able to get downstairs again until tomorrow or Monday, my legs are like jelly! It was fun though, and hopefully I will do it again sometime. Nick wants to do it every day eventually but will probably have to build up to it. He took 16 minutes to get up on Thursday.

The boys are with Uncle Teddy this morning, he volunteered to have them for the morning to take them off our hands. Very kind of him! He and his wife Brenda are lovely people and the boys are very fond of Uncle Teddy. They are most likely at the playground in Longwood which is close to them. They will be back just now.

We got a new (new to the manse) lounge suite for the diningroom yesterday from Steve and Maureen’s landlord where they are renting while their house is being rebuilt. It’s all wooden frames with removable cushions. The cushions need recovering, but we have a lot of material in the cupboard here which will almost be enough. So I guess the next big project room then is the diningroom!

Yesterday one of the church ladies came by with packets of groceries for us, probably about two weeks’ worth, which included about a kilo of steak, two packs of pork chops, bacon, butter, ham, potatoes, ice cream, sweets, biscuits, coconut fingers, juice, onions, cauliflowers etc, and six litres of milk this morning. It must have cost a lot of money, and she is quite poor as it is, so her reward will be great! That seems to be the attitude of a lot of people though, they are all very keen to bless the pastor.

No comments: