Friday, December 09, 2005

Homesick!

You may be wondering how we all really are. Truthfully, I am starting to feel homesick and a bit depressed, and generally tired, and a little weepy. Perhaps as Christmas draws near and I will face being separated from family for the first Christmas ever (that I can remember?), the reality of the distance becomes more keenly felt. I try not to dwell on it too much, but it just pops up every now and then and I am sad. I feel like I haven’t put roots down here yet, and somehow wonder if I ever really will – it feels like there is nothing really for me here, although we have made some lovely friends and I know people like me, but I am not being terribly useful in other ways. My world revolves around the boys and the home, which is a very tiny little world. Ag, I don’t know if I’m being very clear, so don’t worry if you don’t know what I’m going on about, I just thought I’d give you a snippet of the reality here. Hopefully this is just a little hiccup in the settling in process and I’ll be fine again shortly, with a real sense of purpose.

No comments: