Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Answered Prayer

I have come to the conclusion that homeschooling is an emotional drain. After 20 minutes of working with the boys together, Aaron on my left doing a puzzle and Caleb on my right with a dot-to-dot, I was done in! My patience reserves for the day were finished, and unfortunately they only get replenished at night while I’m asleep. So I need a bigger patience tank.

Nick took Caleb swimming after lunch while Aaron was sleeping. When Aaron awoke, he wanted to swim too (of course), so I phoned Nick at the pool on the payphone and asked if they would still be there for a while. Advised “yes”, Aaron and I walked all the way down through town to the pool, and Aaron had a lovely swim too. Have I mentioned that Aaron is also fully confident now with armbands, and swims all over. He and Caleb are now at the same level of competence, although Caleb can just touch the bottom of the shallow end so will be ready to lose the armbands sooner.

After supper, we had a little yoghurt each. We haven’t had yoghurt since disembarking the RMS. We don’t get yoghurt in the big 500 ml tubs, only the small 125g ones, which is a pity because it makes it so much more expensive. It was therefore a bit of a luxury. I have been given a yoghurt-making recipe which looks easy enough - perhaps I will put it to use as a science experiment for the boys.

God answered prayer! For the holiday club, apart from paints, we also need big pieces of paper to stick together to paint and make backdrops. Not knowing how to get some, I prayed about it, and then wondered what the Lord would provide, and how. Well, today I went to return some songs to the GNC cupboard, and what should I find there, a big roll of thick white paper!!! Definitely the Lord’s provision. Very exciting to see that answer to prayer!

No comments: