Friday, January 20, 2006

Balderdash

I went to the post office again yesterday as I said I would to post the letters which I couldn’t post on Tuesday, and arrived just before 9 am. Their opening hours are 9 am to 3 pm on Mondays and Tuesdays, closed on Wednesdays, 9 am to 3 pm Thursdays and Fridays, and 9 am to 12 pm on Saturdays. So I waited a bit, but by about 9.10 they still weren’t open. I know there is St Helena time which means you arrive when you want to, but really, that was getting quite unprofessional. At last it dawned on me that yesterday was Wednesday…didn’t I feel like a fool! So I went home and continued with a very ordinary day.

Last night we had some of the church’s young adults over for coffee and games. We really just wanted to get them together to have some social interaction between them, because there is no young adults’ group as such and I don’t know how much they see of each other. Also, with being in the different chapels, they probably don’t get to socialize much. It was a small group, only six of us, but it was a super evening. We played Balderdash, the first time since leaving SA where it was a regular feature of socials. We’ll probably make it a monthly thing. I won, and Nick came in third, with a very intelligent young lady taking second place.

It has been raining off and on today. This morning it was quite heavy, actually, Nick had to put two containers in his office to catch the drips.

Yesterday I was feeling a little bored, and it was too sunny to do weeding, so I started crafting again. I am now in the middle of decoupaging a small box to be kept on the passage bookshelf, to hold the car and house keys. Last Christmas, Kate used some serviettes with bushmen on them for the Christmas Eve table, and I acquired a few extras for “one day”. That day has come, so the box is an African theme, painted in peach, gold and brown, and will have bushmen and elephants on it.

Aaron was splashing around in the puddles this morning, then tried to help me weed, which means he digs the screwdriver into the ground and pulls up grass. Not really much help. Sometimes he throws the screwdriver around.

No comments: