Sunday, January 08, 2006

Sanctification by Housework

The Lord has been dealing much with me in the area of housework, and teaching me to do it to His glory! It certainly makes everything a lot easier when I’m not going about grumbling or having a bad attitude about it, and rather to commit it all to Him, and speak with Him while I’m peeling potatoes or painting skirtings and so on. Today was a loooong session of painting. Nick took the boys out at 9.30, and only came back after 12, so that gave me a good long time to get on with it, but there was really a lot to do and it took long because of all the fiddly bits. We broke for lunch when they got home, then I started again and finished at 2.30. I have white enamel paint on my arm and hands and under one eye, and can’t quite get it off.

By the way, Nick is busy serenading me on his banjo to the tune of “Lynnie, Popsie Poodle, poodle, Lynnie…” and so it goes on. I think he’s trying to get my attention because he’s finished his prep for tomorrow and wants to get on with watching the DVD we hired for tonight…Beyond Borders. You must think, correctly so, that we are watching a lot of DVDs. It’s still a bit of a novelty, watching them on the laptop, but also it’s something nice to do where there is not much else available for doing! Also, having had a bit of a holiday from bible studies etc, Nick’s had a bit more time. He will be starting a new series of preaching though from the book of John, so will need more prep time in the evenings.

No comments: