Saturday, January 21, 2006

Shopping and Submission

Earlier today Nick and I were having a little disagreement as to the best way to put songs together for the Good News Club (we’ve taken over the music part of it which needed a bit of help). Caleb later said to me that if I want to make daddy happy, I must do what he says. Quite correctly in terms of the role of the wife. Just to see how his train of thought was running though, I asked how I could be happy, and he said that daddy must do what I say, “like if daddy says to you, you must put um um macaroni on the bread, you must put macaroni on the bread, or if you tell daddy he must cut the bread then he must do it and that will make you happy.” Bit of a conflict of interests though, so I asked what would happen if, for example, daddy said we must paint the wall blue and mommy says we must paint it green, then who should listen to whom? His reply? “I know, you must listen to me – paint the wall white!” Poor Caleb, trying to solve the world’s problems. I did explain though what the bible says about submission, and that daddy is my boss just like God is daddy’s boss. “And I’m the boss of Aaron!”. No Caleb.

I took the boys for a walk to town this morning, because Nick was out at the Radio Station doing recordings for the “thought of the day” sort of prologue spot on the radio. He’s done a series on death. He reckons it’s not going to be very popular, but people need to give it consideration. Anyway, while at the shops, we popped into a brand new shop which has opened called “Tinker’s”. It’s across the road from Thorpes, and really is just an extension of Thorpes. They have moved their entire frozen, fridge and delicatessen section to Tinker’s. This means that there is also much more stock, because they have at least three times the amount of freezer space, and in the original Thorpes, they have more available shelf space and floor space with the fridges and freezers moved out.

Nick has taken the boys swimming while I have a stew on the stove. (That is to say, I have put a pot of meat and vegetables to simmer on the stove).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - check no cheeze, China - I can reply to your blogger site like this, without e-mail. Cool. All for ow. Bye

Anonymous said...

This is a great blog, well done, keep on bloggin!