Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Car troubles

Today was uneventful, as most of our days are these days, other than the car not starting! I was all set to pop out to town to return the ill-fitting sheet and buy some bread and earbuds, and Aaron was sitting in the front with me while Caleb stayed home to do maths experimentation with raisins – putting raisins into groups and multiplying and adding and subtracting. They mostly got subtracted into his mouth. But I digress. The car just turned over and over (the ignition I mean, we weren’t actually rolling over in the car). Eventually I had to leave both boys at home and walk to town, which I didn’t mind doing. Unfortunately though Nick had to call off the deacon’s meeting for tonight, which was scheduled for 6 pm at our house, but he has to drive all the way to Sandy Bay to fetch people, bring them back here, then take them home again afterwards. Nick phoned the guy who looks after our car, but he couldn’t get around to us today.

I helped Nick prepare a list of books today to order from Augustine Bookshop, to start our own little bookshop on the island. There are no bookshops on the island, let alone Christian bookshops, so we really hope this will take off. It will be completely non-profit, the only markup will be to cover shipping and expenses.

Caleb poked Aaron in the eye with a crayon earlier, and the affected eye is still red (if I had merely said “it” was still red, you might have thought the crayon was red, which would be a strange thing to say, because why would the crayon “still” be red and why should I especially point it out? In any case, I think the crayon was yellow).

Have I mentioned that Nick has started guitar lessons at Prince Andrews High on Wednesday mornings?

No comments: