Sunday, February 19, 2006

Dear, lousy, old tomato

Caleb is a lot worse than yesterday. Today he was wheezing, coughing a lot, runny nose, lethargic…but still wanted to his usual colouring in or dot-to-dot and other crayon activities. For the most part he has been cheerful, but now he is coughing again and it’s keeping him awake, and he’s very miserable. Nick has moved Aaron into my craft room for tonight, so he won’t be disturbed. Perhaps I’ll move Nick into the guest room so he can get a good night’s rest for tomorrow! Not really. Aaron awarded me a sticker earlier, which I’m wearing on my hand, for doing some good work – I coloured in a picture in his colouring book.

After good news club (thankfully not my turn to teach, so it was just playing guitar with Nick, but I had to leave at one point because Caleb was on the point of vomiting with his coughing) I made some toasted sandwiches, and we packed them up and took them to Rosemary Plain (Plain Raspberry according to Caleb, who couldn’t remember the name of it). We parked the car in the shade, and set the picnic blanket down on the grass, then sat watching cows in the next field while we ate. It was so much cooler in the country, I even managed a goosebump from the weather, and Aaron wanted to be wrapped up in the picnic blanket. We didn’t stay for very long, but it was nice to be out.

This afternoon we went to town to get some goodies, and among other things I bought a tomato, locally grown, and really sorry looking, and for that horrible bit of produce I paid 17p. Correct me if I’m wrong, but in SA you can get a whole bag of lovely big firm tomatoes for about R7 or R8? So one old tomato for about R1.90 is very expensive.

No comments: