Thursday, February 23, 2006

Hooray, the paintings are finished!

The ship is arriving next Wednesday and should be bringing spare parts for our golf, which is now just sitting waiting, so we have to continue using the Ford, sigh, what a bother. Also our new Defy 4-plate gas cooker should be coming. And maybe even fresh fruit!! Yippee, such a lot of lovely things to look forward to. And who knows, maybe even white enamel paint so I can finish off the skirting job I started about two months ago.

I spent about three hours today finishing off the outlining in the schoolroom. Nick and I are both happy to say that all the paintings are now FINISHED!! Phew! I was awake for ages last night thinking about the HBC and all the supplies I still have to buy, which actually aren’t that many, but wondering how I was going to buy the right amount of packets of seeds for the grass hair men (which will actually be flower hat ladies because there are no grass seeds available), and if I would be able to return any surplus, and what about the catering, and those thoughts just went round and round in my head. Nick solved the seed problem for me this morning in about 2 seconds – he said if I buy too many seeds, we’ll just plant them in our garden!


Right, I’m going to make myself a cup of tea, have a stale rusk, and make a pompom. I have to make samples of all the crafts this week so I have a finished product to show the kids next week at the bible club.

No comments: