Friday, February 17, 2006

Surely not still painting

My shoulders are feeling quite tired from all the painting I’ve done today, and typing isn’t going to be helping them! I painted most of the day, babysat Niamh from 1.30 to 3, fetched Bethany from school at 3, started making fishcakes, then Emma came for both girls around 3.45, and I continued making supper, then Nick left for bible studies at 5, and I went back into the schoolroom with the boys for another hour and a half of painting. I can’t believe it’s taking so long, but they really are very big pictures.

Aaron’s whole foot is swollen now from the bee sting, and he was crying during the night a bit, and cried when he tried to walk on it after his noon nap. Caleb is also getting sick now, with a runny nose, watery eyes and a cough. He’s quite upset about the fact of having a cough! Very unused to it.

I think we have sufficient volunteers for the holiday club, though not as many as we’d like. We basically have the very bare minimum to pull it off, but it does mean that Nick and I have quite a lot of responsibilities to shoulder. We’ve had some good rain again today, it’s actually been overcast most of the day, but we only had some rain in the morning. Lately it’s been raining every morning for a little while. Our grass is very green and very long. Still no lawnmower or golf!

And horrors….we received more bullseyes today. I think there are five in the packet, I really didn’t look too closely, this time with heads AND tails still on. The great big eyes were pressed up against the side of the plastic bag, so already I’m dreading doing something with them. I put them into the fridge and maybe if I’m very good, I can get Nick to take off the heads and tails. Or should we flip a coin for it – heads or tails???

No comments: