Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Next project about to commence...

Let me see how much I can type now before anyone finds me. Lasagna is in the oven, and the kitchen is a bit of a mess, but time aplenty later for sorting that out.

Today was certainly a better day than yesterday, after I prayed for extreme measures of grace to get through! Some days are just better than others, in terms of patience and energy. I am in pain today because of my exercising yesterday (uh oh, Aaron’s calling me), so I’m hobbling up and down stairs and feeling very bad! It’s good though, at least I know it’s doing something. I did my walk this morning, though part of Jacob’s Ladder has been closed off for repairs, so I couldn’t come down it. We made date and banana squares, which are fairly healthy and fairly tasty. No sugar or flour in the recipe, but there is oil (and oats, bananas, dates, nuts, vanilla essence). The boys sort of helped. After lunch I took Aaron out with me to the shops to try buy some more things on my shopping list, and I was delighted to find Fattis & Monis macaroni, as well as Cross & Blackwell mayonnaise. Then I went to the Rose and Crown and bought paint (oh dear, now Nick’s calling) for the stairway wall. It’s peach, I think quite a deep shade. Should look good. (I’m not joking).

Nick took apart the non-working binoculars and extracted all the magnifying glasses. He found two very interesting triangular ones which can be used as spy glasses, and they do all kinds of interesting stuff with flipping images and mirroring them. Now all three of them are sitting in my room here. So much for hiding out.

No comments: