Sunday, March 12, 2006

Painting continues

It’s raining! It’s just started, and it sounds like it’s quite heavy. I got home about five minutes ago from getting a DVD from town, so I made it back just in time. Wonderful, lovely rain. Today the mercury sat at about 27 most of the day, even into the late afternoon after the sun had gone down. It doesn’t seem to cool down much in the evenings.

Today we took lots of photos. Nick drove to Bluehill and back, and I stood in the car looking out of the sunroof, and we took almost 100 pictures (deleted about half!).

GNC this morning was nice, Nick did the lesson on the Rich Young Ruler, as part of his series on the 10 Commandments, and the kids listened. Caleb answered questions as they were asked, and he does us proud with his knowledge of stuff! Then we coloured in a picture, and then played some balloon and paperplate races. 19 kids came, which is still a good number.

After lunch I set to work painting. I thought that I may as well get it over with, it’s an unpleasant job (I never enjoy painting with enamel). I finished in about two hours, maybe a little more. Tomorrow I will be able to take up all the masking tape and try to clean up all the paint drips that managed to find their way onto the steps. I was quite careful, but I guess it’s almost inevitable. The big problem comes when you forget there is a paint splot and stand on it, and then transport more little splots, gradually fading, onto other parts. Wow, it’s really raining quite heavily now.

No comments: