Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Shopping NOT fun

Aaron has gotten into the habit of answering his own questions, in the negative. “Can we have another biscuit, no.” “Can we watch a video, no.” It’s quite funny. He’s picked it up from Caleb who phrases his questions in the negative, “we may not have some juice now, hey?”

We all walked down to town and had lunch at Ardees. Nick slowed his pace today, being a Monday, although he doesn’t officially take a day off. It was good to all be together though and not be rushing. This afternoon I did most of my grocery shopping, but it’s a thoroughly depressing and discouraging experience. The shelves were so poorly stocked, it was almost funny – at Spar I got hold of about four different items out of the 15 or so I had listed for Spar, so ended up getting most of my supplies from Thorpes. Still have to get most of the cold or frozen stuff, I couldn’t even get cheese today! I’m sure they’ll have it in again soon, as I’m fairly certain it’s locally produced.

No comments: