Wednesday, April 05, 2006

How not to cook chips

Caleb did so well with his reading this morning. He is remembering almost all the flashcards now, and some words which had him puzzled he is getting. Poor Aaron gets a little neglected because I can’t actively teach Caleb and amuse Aaron, so usually have to send him into the lounge to occupy himself with library books. Sometimes Nick will read to him or do a puzzle with him. Had a disaster with the chips for supper as the oil was too hot and boiled over when I put the chips in, so had to turn off the gas, clean up all the oil, remove the few chips that had gone in and started cooking, reheat the oil and start over. Fortunately nothing caught fire. Just delayed me though, so I had to type Nick’s outline for tonight during supper. I’m really feeling so tired today, I think from this morning’s bout of exercise. My legs are a bit sore, hopefully they won’t be too bad tomorrow. I went further up the ladder than previously, so obviously had further to come down which I think is the part that makes stiff muscles.

No comments: