Thursday, June 01, 2006

Birthday for everyone

My birthday today was a good day. It started off just after midnight when a crazy woman from SA phoned to wish me…she had to get up at 2 am to phone! Good to have friends prepared to make those kinds of sacrifices, and nice to know that we are still missed. A church lady came by during the morning to drop off - wait for it - a present for me, as well as a huge arrangement of roses, a cake for everyone, a bon voyage present for mom and dad, a present for Nick, a present for Caleb, and a present for Aaron. We hardly knew what to say in the face of such generosity. My middle brother phoned from SA and it was great to talk a bit of Afrikaans (just for fun) and jabber a bit of nonsense with family. The rest of the day passed by in a quiet manner, but it was so nice having mom and dad with us for the day, as they had timed their visit to coincide with my birthday. Tonight will be leftovers for supper, yippee!

No comments: