Friday, May 19, 2006

Last of the Triopses

I played the mandolin for a while tonight – getting much better, I’m learning some new chords every day and my chord changes are getting quicker. I didn’t know how difficult it would be to learn a new instrument – all entirely new chords, it’s nothing at all like playing guitar. So I’m struggling a bit and getting frustrated, but it’s nice to see (hear) progress. Nick, on the other hand, already sounds like he’s been playing it for years, he’s quite good and it’s encouraging to hear that it really can sound lovely.

All the sewing for our bedroom is finished now and I put it in our room this evening, working in the dark a bit though because of two power failures (the first we’ve had since being on the island, at night anyway). Still a few finishing touches to do, so I’ll post a photo when it’s completely done.

The triopses are totally grossing me out now. This afternoon there were five of them left; now there is one last one, with the two huge ones lying motionless at the bottom of the tank. I don’t know what the cause of death was but I can’t say I’m too cut up about it. I spotted a gecko eyeing them out.

No comments: