Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Baa Baa Nack Neep

The Golf is being an annoying bother again – when I went back to town this afternoon (to buy a pair of denim knee-high boots which I had seen during my initial mission this morning), it stalled and I couldn’t run start it. Then I got it started, got to the Emporium where it stalled again, and it wouldn’t start after that. I got a lift home with Steve and Maureen, who also then took Nick to a high school in the country for a drug talk, but he had to walk home quite a distance after that. Caleb is a very handy shopping assistant. I tell him what I need when we set off, and then as we go from shop to shop, he asks the shop assistants if they stock whatever it is I need. Great time saver and saves me the job of asking around.

It’s just after 3 pm now and Aaron hasn’t slept, but now he’s out of his room and I’ve given up. Caleb is here in Nick’s office sitting at his desk doing a number worksheet for extra practice, which he’s very happy to do, although now that Aaron is here they’ve degenerated into singing a silly version of baa baa black sheep. Blah blah black bleep, blah blah blah. Nah nah nack neep nee nee ni. Ti nu tee no nah nee nu. And so it goes on. I’m going to have to go downstairs soon to provide some food as a distraction and then see what I can task them to do.

Apparently the new Chinese restaurant which caused such a stir in the immigration board, and the resignation of most of its members, is open for business…we will have to investigate soon.

No comments: