Sunday, June 25, 2006

Winter?

It’s a lovely day here on our sunny St Helena. To be sure, we’re still wondering about the rumoured winter, because it’s still too hot for long sleeves during the day, and even early mornings and night times only require a light layer, if anything.

After Good News Club, we had planned to go to the docks to get our box from Wilson. Unfortunately the Golf wouldn’t start, so after a few minutes of trying we gave up and decided to walk instead. Donning hats, we set off. Retrieving the box was easy, but the uphill walk home was a bit less fun! But we made it, and unpacked the box which was a much healthier one than the others – not one single chocolate in it!

Caleb is heaps better, almost back to normal except that he still has to blow his nose every now and then and is still coughing a bit. Aaron started developing a runny nose and cough, but it doesn’t seem very serious, and is almost gone anyway. Nick’s voice is sore and we are praying that he will be fine. I am well.

I’ve had to make a list of the possibilities I can do for meals…it will help so much with the planning and the “4.30 pm oh dear what am I going to make for supper” problem. It’s up on the fridge, so in the morning I can look in the freezer and see what’s available, then look on the list and see what I can make. Tonight it’s spaghetti bolognaise (the tomatoes, onion and mince are already defrosted), and tomorrow it’s homemade pizza. Being so organized now, I even picked up cheese on the way home from the docks (reading that sentence back it sounds like I found it on the floor, but I mean that I bought some, from Tinkers).

No comments: