Monday, October 30, 2006

Nick's 30th

Today was Nick’s birthday. It was a pretty run-of-the-mill day, which made me feel a bit depressed. I didn’t arrange any form of party or gathering or even tea. I gave him his present this morning and the boys had their cards, and he had a few other cards to open, but then it was the day as usual. Jean popped on at 9 am to give him a present which was very generous. After lunch I headed off to Lorna. We had coffee and chatted, and then eventually got going on a necklace. She has just returned from a quick trip to the UK where she stocked up on beads as she’s new to the hobby. I think she is a bit overwhelmed by the choice now! It was good to be with her again, and she is also way into the card-making/scrapbooking scene, and has a wide variety of bits and bobs. She has lent me some crafting magazines which I’m going to enjoy looking at, for some ideas and inspiration. Nick took the boys up the mountain while I was gone, and they just wandered about up there for a while.

No comments: