Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Radio readings

I headed off to the radio station early this morning after selecting two suitable stories. I thought I would get these readings over with early in the week so I don’t have to think about it again. The stories went fine, one about a donkey who finds a magic pebble but accidentally turns himself into a rock, and the other about a steam shovel who eventually became a furnace. Home, put the washing in, school, hung up washing, quickly went to town and bought rolls because I didn’t have time to wait in the queue to slice bread, then off to Lorna to be there at 11.30 – earlier than usual today because she was being picked up by someone for an appointment at 1.40. I showed her how to make a chunky bracelet and she was really thrilled with it. I made three bracelets, but it doesn’t seem that I will be able to sell them here, because a work permit would definitely be needed, but wouldn’t be granted because there are locals who are doing, or can do, the same work.

No comments: