Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Monday stuff

I cut Nick’s hair this morning before school and he looks very handsome again. Not that he didn’t before, but he’s just especially nice now. School was okay, felt a bit all over the place, but the boys are learning stuff so it’s fine. We’re onto Mm this week. After school I went out by myself to town, just for bread and apples (both boys love apples, Aaron particularly, and eat them all the time. If I offer them an apple because they say they’re hungry, it’s like a treat for them). I had a quick lunch, and then headed off to Lorna. Made five bracelets while there, hopefully will be able to sell them. When I got home, I Baked Brownies with the boys, as it was supposed to be last week’s “crazy activity”, what with the week of learning B. They turned out quite well. Then it was the usual supper and etc etc.

Reepicheep is really becoming a part of the family. We’re going to miss him terribly when he flaps his wings and flies away, you know, empty nest syndrome and all that. This evening he was waddling around on the table when we had finished supper, and then sat on the bible for a while, before he started circling about looking for a good poo direction to aim at. He wasn’t too careful though because he fell off the bible and landed on his bottom, legs in the air…we all laughed uproariously, but I think R’s pride was hurt…heh heh. Eventually he squirted a good one right in Aaron’s direction, who would have got it in his face if he had been a cm or two closer. We all laughed at that too. Anyway, Reepicheep has sprouted feather buds from his bottom now. I mean, not right from his bottom, but from where his tail should be. His wings are definitely getting longer and stronger, and his whole body feels weightier.

No comments: