Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Hospital visit

Poor Caleb was sick enough this morning for me to take him to hospital. I phoned the hospital, because I never know if I’m supposed to try get an appointment or just arrive, and I was asked if it was an emergency, and told that it’s not outpatient’s clinic day today. Oh. So I said I couldn’t wait until tomorrow to bring my sick child, he needed attention today. So yes, it’s an emergency. We were all ready to go right then, so the boys got in the car and I started up, put the car in gear, and didn’t go anywhere. I tried to put it in gear again, but this time the gear stick was completely stuck and no amount of jiggling would set it free. By now the hospital was expecting me, so after trying and failing to arrange a lift, we walked up. I had to piggy-back Caleb because he was already wheezing so badly and the walk uphill would have been very bad. Poor Aaron struggled to keep up even though I was going quite slowly, as he was carrying two school books with him. Had only a slight wait at the hospital before Svetlana saw to us. She nebulised him and prescribed four different syrups, including antibiotics.

No comments: