Saturday, March 31, 2007

To help or not to help

Colin came to work at the manse today, surprise surprise. I heard the boys closing the front door at about 8.30 this morning, and then Caleb found me and said that Colin was here, but he (Caleb) told Colin to come back when Nick was back home from his swim. Well, Nick didn’t go swimming this morning, he had just got out of the bath, so I sent the boys to quickly go running after Colin. They retrieved him, and Nick got him working on the wall outside. I avoided him as much as possible, which wasn’t too difficult as I stayed inside and he stayed outside. He makes me feel very uncomfortable! Just before lunch, Nick took Colin with him to Solomon’s to buy the paint, and whilst there Colin encountered some of his friends who offered him some dope to smoke, which he happily accepted, and after that he was no good to work. Nick had to take him home shortly after that. But at least a little section of the wall got done, although not as neatly as Nick does it.

No comments: