Monday, March 12, 2007

Unusually out on a Sunday morning

This morning I was just busy at the computer when Elza phoned, wanting to know I could help her with some on-line ordering. I offered my services immediate availability, since Sunday mornings are usually so blah. She was at the house in about ten minutes, and I heard her calling through the diningroom window to announce her presence. When I opened the front door, she said that she hopes that heaven’s gates are easier to get into than our house! She must have been knocking at the door for some time (the doorbell doesn’t work anymore). We spent nearly two hours at her house, first getting the order finalised and sent off, and then looking at photos and other scrapbooking chit chat stuff. It was great to be out on a Sunday morning! She dropped me off at home at about 11.45, which left me just enough time to put together spaghetti bolognaise. When Nick arrived home, he asked where I had been as he had come home between services, desperate for something to drink, and found the house locked up. Shame, I felt so bad. The rest of the afternoon was our normal quiet at-home stuff, me reading, the boys playing, Nick resting or playing guitar. Caleb made swings for himself and Aaron, very cleverly, with ropes and batons, which are actually functional and usable.

Church this evening was good, although seemed quite long. It was full – behind me was the medical row with Scilla, Svetlana and boys, and Elza. Sarel was called out, so couldn’t come. Last week when Teddy was ringing the bell for church, the rope broke, so Nick inspected it during the week, and discovered that the bell itself is actually extremely dangerously positioned now because the trussing and supports are so old and rusted in crucial places. It’s going to have to be taken down and repaired. So tonight there was no bell-ringing. Teddy announced in church that he believes it was providential that the rope came away last week, otherwise it might have been quite disastrous!

No comments: