Saturday, April 28, 2007

Radio Station


Yesterday I joined Maureen and Elza at the coffee shop for a milkshake, and the boys again shared a chocolate milkshake and then climbed trees and fences. It was a lovely morning. Before we went out though, I quickly finished off the page I was scrapping, and then sent it off with a letter to the “Scrapbook Inspirations” magazine I bought here last week. It’s wishful thinking, but maybe I can win another prize!

Today Nick had to do recordings for the prologue for the radio, and because Colin was due to be coming, Nick had advised me yesterday that he would like us to accompany him to the radio station so I wouldn’t be alone here with Colin. I was happy to do that, to let the boys see something new and exciting! (Colin didn’t come, incidentally – today’s reason was back pain). While Nick was busy recording, the chaps working there let us have a look at the other studio, where the DJ was actually live on air. When we went in she had a track playing, but then had to do the intro to the next song. We kept very quiet while she did that, and then Caleb donned headphones and looked at the sound desk, very interested. Aaron was too shy to go any closer than behind my legs, can you believe it! I don’t know where he gets his occasional shyness. It’s not like his mother used to hide behind rubber plants and strip the leaves off when cousins visited or anything like that. We didn’t stay in the studio long, but waited for Nick at the St Paul’s school just next door. It was so incredibly windy though that I took the boys back to the car, where we snacked on breadsticks and smarties (you have to always be prepared!). On the way home we went to town, ostensibly for bread, but then one of the Sandy Bay ladies was in town and gave the boys ₤2 each, so we went to Queen Mary’s to spend it on guns and knives. Bought some chips on special (old stock, of course), and finally went home after our shopping spree for lunch of snackwiches.

No comments: