Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Walking the Run


This morning, being the first day of school holidays, I got around to something really fun and exciting – painting Nick’s office! It’s been pending for a year and a half, and now seemed like the right time to do it. Also the fact that we found paint on special at the hardware expedited the project. I only had about three hours to start this morning, so Nick and I got the furniture moved, charts off the walls, polyfiling done etc, and a very small section painted. After lunch I had my beading time, and on the way home from Lorna, I picked Elza up, and then came home to quickly change and collect the boys. Then we walked all the way up to New Bridge (behind the back of the hospital, where the road would take you up Constitution Hill) to get on to the start of The Run. I think that’s the start – at least that’s where the date stone is located. We walked along the Run as far as we could go, although it was a slightly dangerous walk, until the way was inaccessible with trees. Then we cut through the back of a house (with the owner’s permission – he had to hold the dog) back onto the road, and walk down the road a bit until we could get back to the Run at a safer spot. The next section was easy going, and we stopped for our threezies in the shade of a few banana trees. Elza had bought chips and juices, and I took a packet of biscuits. Sebastian came riding along on his bicycle, so the boys went off with him to see where he lives. The lower section of the Run was a bit dangerous again, but we went all the way down to where it meets the back of The Standard, a pub in town. From there I quickly went to hire a DVD, although had to take it on credit as I had taken no money, and then we all walked back up home again.

No comments: