Sunday, May 27, 2007

Party


I spoke on self-control in Good News Club this morning, the last in my series of the Fruits of the Spirit. The kids were very distracted and I really battled to keep their attention! After that I went out to town for a bit, just by myself, and then in the afternoon we had a birthday party to go to, for Sarah – John and Cindy’s four-year-old. It was at the mule yard in town, and they had a jumping castle and plenty of sweeties, so the kids all had a wild afternoon. I stayed for the duration, but Nick had to get to Tammy for a band practice, so when the party was finished at 5, we started walking home. We hadn’t gone far when Caleb said that it would be so nice if someone we knew would stop and offer us a lift, and about half a minute later Jane did just that. Probably a good thing we didn’t have to walk all the way up town, because the boys were tired from the afternoon’s activities!

No comments: