Friday, June 01, 2007

Another year, another birthday


This morning, the boys woke up early as usual, and then I heard them discussing that they must get my presents and hide them, which they duly did, creeping quietly down the stairs and then coming back up to tell me I could come and look. With all the help, I found all the presents easily. Nick gave me a beautiful Swatch, which he had commissioned friends in SA to buy for him. He also bought me a CD-card – the CD has music from the 1970s, and the card is a “1974” history card with events that took place in that year, for example UN excluding SA because of apartheid, and things like that. The boys went shopping with Nick yesterday, and Caleb chose the present which was a little ceramic bath ornament with some bath pearls in it, and they each gave me a card with a hand-written greeting. It’s so gratifying looking at their “from Caleb” and “From Aaron”, knowing that I’ve taught them how to do that! After lunch, and after getting my watch strap adjusted at the home of a man who does that kind of thing, we went to the Coffee Shop at the docks for coffees and milkshakes. Caleb took the photo of us. It’s handy having a child who can take pictures!

No comments: