Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Brown Dispirin Story

Last night Nick and I were both feeling a little “coldy”, and in need of medication. Nick, alone in the kitchen, found some Dispirin for children, with a picture of some kids on the front. When I walked into the kitchen he was still chewing on it, which I thought was strange because Dispirins are not chewable, even the kid’s type. Then after some more chewing, he spat it out, saying it tasted like Marmite. I thought it was hilarious because everyone knows you have to dissolve them in water first. He tried again, taking another one out its foil wrapper, and was amazed to see that it was white, as the first one had been brown. So not only did he chew a non-chewable tablet, but it was off and vile-tasting!!! This can go down in the annals of Nick Clevely duffs right there with painting windows!

Today we had 43 kids at the HBC, with 16 new ones. A couple of yesterday’s kids didn’t return, but most did. It was a good day again, and the Lord has provided all the necessary helpers! It’s a bit chaotic and hectic, but it’s working. This morning’s lesson was about rebellion and the Fall of Man, so for the warm-up I came in with a mouse trap on my foot, and had to confess that I had snuck into the pantry to get a chocolate quickly, but got caught in the trap – I gave in to temptation!

In the afternoon I went to town to pay Nick’s income tax – that was a simple procedure whereby I had to go to the bank and do an account transfer. The teller provided the government’s account number and everything. Of course she could have just put in her own account number and I wouldn’t have been any the wiser, but that kind of thing doesn’t happen here!

No comments: