Friday, June 08, 2007

Dentistry

I started off the morning with a trip to the dentist, as a temporary filling she had done a few months ago has come out, and I was finding myself in pain by the end of the day. I phoned for an appointment, but the earliest I could get was in July, so the receptionist said I could just come in between 8.30 and 9.30 which is when they have emergency appointments, for her to reapply the filling. It was very quick and virtually painless, other than when she blew air onto the tooth which was very sensitive. For this dubious service I was charged no money, so I guess you get what you pay for. She also had an x-ray taken to see what needs to happen next. Unfortunately, she can’t do crowns or inlays on the island, so the only options are to either keep redoing the temporary filling, or pulling the tooth. Of course the latter is not to be seriously considered. I was home again before 9, so school kicked off at the usual time after the news.

No comments: