Sunday, June 03, 2007

Work party


This afternoon we have been at the Boer Cemetery and Baptist Cemetery since about 11.30 with a work party, chopping out roots, cutting down tree branches, and replacing fence posts. The work party was smaller than we anticipated, with only Vincent, Nick, Nick, Stan and Mervyn (pictured) and me working. My job was with a machete, hacking down small overhanging branches which were obscuring the path a bit (which I interspersed with lying down, in typical Saint fashion – work a bit, rest a lot). Unfortunately my axing technique wasn’t correct, so although it got the job done, it’s left me with a sore elbow and paining muscles! Nick was tasked with chopping roots out of the path which he tackled with vigour, leaving him quite tender afterwards too.

1 comment:

Charlotte Coverly said...

Hi Lynn, Nick, Caleb and Aaron :-)

Just thought I'd say a quick hello after all these years!!

Saw your website link on Jacqui and Malcolm's and it's lovely to read about all that you're up to. Who would have thought that God would lead you to an island - sounds fantastic.

Love Charlotte, Neil and Liam

charlottecoverly@btinternet.com