Friday, August 17, 2007

Fond memories!

Last night I looked at some old video clips on CD, and there were some really great ones of the boys, just doing every day things. We even have one of Aaron in a carwash, and I nearly cried when I saw how he was crying in the car, as he was terrified of the carwash – at the time it was quite funny, but now I think we were just really cruel to keep taking him through it when he was so scared! Shame man. It was funny to see though how the boys’ personalities haven’t really changed. Caleb was serious back then and is still serious, while Aaron was always after food, and laughed at himself very easily. Absolutely marvellous to hear the boys talking, and how they’ve improved! Caleb had quite a lisp which has now disappeared, and Aaron was basically just a jabberwocky, and I’m sure that only Nick and I could understand him. We showed the boys some of the clips during tenzees this morning, and they loved watching themselves.

I’m finding school quite interesting. We’ve been doing mountains, and today we looked at avalanches, and what causes them, and what can be done to prevent them. Did you know that soldiers actually fire shots into the snow (launch missiles) to set off a small avalanche, to prevent the snow from building up and causing damage? We’re also busy “finding out about every day things”, although I wouldn’t exactly call hydrofoils and space shuttles everyday things. Anyway, that’s what we’ve been learning about. One day left of school, and then we’re finally on holiday for two weeks!!

No comments: