Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Young insomniac

Went out to town to try find something for supper – can’t find any decent meat in the shops, other than mince. Bought some fish (dressed baby hake) which didn’t defrost in time for supper, so we had fish buddies and chips instead, along with peas and Brussel sprouts to be healthy, and a tomato for me.

The boys went to bed at their usual 7 pm, after a rowdy time of rough play with their father. At 8 pm I heard Caleb very quietly calling “Aaron”, so gathered he hadn’t fallen asleep yet. I went in to see how he was doing, and he was wide awake. I felt so sorry for him, lying there bored, so let him come and lie on our bed and look at a book for a while, which he did. Nick read a bit to him after about 20 minutes, and then he looked tired so he went back to bed. He still hasn’t lost his top teeth, but the one is looking extremely ready to come out. Half the root is exposed now and there is a huge gap between it and its neighbour. Caleb allowed me to actually try pull it out with pliers today!!! Of course I didn’t try very hard because it was pretty gross, but I was surprised that he would let me get anywhere near it, especially with an implement.

No comments: