Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Fresh olive oil?

This morning Nick took a bit of a tumble, coming back from Jacob’s Ladder via the mountain path. He was gathering too much speed apparently, and tripped, falling onto his hands and rolling onto his side and back. His hand was quite badly skinned in one small spot, and a few more grazes on a finger, but his other hand is a problem, where he says it feels like the bones of his ring finger and pinkie squashed into each other and are pinching everything in between now. He can’t play guitar, and battled with the typing today for his bible study. I hope it heals up quickly. School was quite okay today, and Nick took over the Maths for a while so I could make coffee for him. I think I’d far rather have coffee duty! At least now he can see the frustration of sitting watching Aaron go off on a daydream instead of filling in a worksheet. Nothing else to report about the morning, except to say that it rained quite a lot today, and for most of the day. Bible study was very good tonight – we had a full house, including the Governor and his wife. People seemed a bit taken aback when they walked in the door and saw the Governor seated in our lounge, but I don’t think they were too inhibited on the whole. I had to play guitar all on my own which was quite daunting, especially as I usually play mandolin and am rusty on guitar, but seemed to have gone okay.

Yesterday Aaron and I wandered around town looking for olive oil and tomato sauce, neither of which is in any of the shops at the moment. I found a little bottle of olive oil at the shop under Wellingtons, but it was reduced as it was outdated – I asked how outdated it was, and when I saw it was February 2006 I thought better of it!

No comments: