Monday, January 21, 2008

Getting ready

Yesterday morning was back to normal with the Good News Club. Quite a few kids were missing, although hopefully they’ll start coming again over the next few weeks. I guess a staggered start isn’t altogether a bad thing! Nick W did the teaching, about reflecting God’s character and being like Him. The games were the usual variety of dodgeball, twister, or for the less active, drawing. I played a sort of game with some of the kids called “tell me something about yourself that I don’t know”. I’m going to keep it up with them – at first they were stumped, but as the facts started flowing I found out all manner of things about their siblings and parents and home life. After the club we headed to town for the afternoon’s DVD and some lunch – Spar had some fresh pies, which we bought and ate at home. After lunch and the DVD, which was an old Walt Disney movie about a boy who was shipwrecked and hunted by pirates, Nick left for his afternoon of music at Tammy. They made good progress, and since Tammy now has all her sound equipment, they can record each week. They’ve finished two songs now of the 13 for the next album. While he was out I spent the afternoon finishing the mini-album, which is now completely and absolutely done, including a little title page to go in the window on the cover and a schedule of all our arrangements on the back page. That took most of the afternoon, but I had a little time left over before Nick came home to start with sorting out school books, putting last year’s books onto the downstairs bookshelf.

This morning was time to sort out the diningroom in earnest. I unpacked, cleaned, and rearranged cupboards, dusted windowsills, vacuumed, and brought out the books we will be needing for tomorrow. The boys watched their DVD again after tenzees, and then I got some of the reading done for tomorrow, so I know more or less what to expect.

No comments: