Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Granny's stew

We had a rather long morning in school, only finishing at 12.35, but I think it was because Aaron took so long to read his little one page of reading. Probably it’s just too much reading for him, and perhaps I’ll start sharing the load with him! Caleb is still reading from the bedtime story book, and reads pages and pages before I tell him it’s enough, and even then he wants to continue. I’m very encouraged with his progress and constantly surprised at words that he copes with. Supper was a long-awaited and much anticipated mince stew, which they last had in South Africa when Granny made it. The boys were very excited that I was making it – aren’t they peculiar?! When it was finally ready, I asked if it was as good as yours, and they said it was. Aaron said, “it is Granny’s”! Caleb said, “thanks for making me sad again because you made me think of Granny”. Actually the stew was rather good though, although I only had two carrots in the fridge and couldn’t buy any today, so it worked out to approximately two pieces of carrot per helping.

We had a very good Bible study tonight on the portion in 1 Peter 3 where it appears that Jesus went to preach to the lost souls in hell, although in fact a more accurate interpretation of that passage is that Christ was preaching, through the Spirit, to those in Noah’s day who were about to perish, whose souls are now in prison. Jesus never went to hell at all – what would be the point anyway since the chasm is fixed? It was a very interesting study, with some debate and discussion.

No comments: