Monday, February 11, 2008

Out for tea for a change



We had a really good day today, slightly unlike our usual Sundays. I spent the first part of the morning, after Nick left, doing some crafty things, and then after tenzees I played a shop game with the boys which Caleb invented, which involved spending marbles as money at an imaginary shop, and drawing more marbles from the imaginary bank when we ran out. It was quite ridiculous but rather fun, and they got a kick out of me just simply doing something with them. Then I read two chapters of the Fabuland book to them, as they have missed the last three nights of it due to hospitalisation and messy room. Since their room was tidy, I thought it would be nice to do that. We only have one chapter left, which will wrap up all the loose ends. At 3 pm we were due at the house of some Port Elizabethans who are relatively new to the island – he is the new Adult Education manager. We have been wanting to get together with them, but the opportunity fell through last Sunday, so we made this arrangement early in the week. We had a really good time with them. We had a very relaxed afternoon and quite good conversation. I had to get used to the good old South African sarcasm again – I’m so out of touch that that particular brand of humour that I fail to recognize when someone is joking! Church tonight was Nick’s second part on the Eternal Destiny, about what happens after the Second Coming and Judgment. Again, a very good sermon, which makes me feel disinclined ever to sin again and to want to shake people and convince them that Hell is real!

No comments: