Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines' Camp-out

It’s steamy and quite hot, although we had quite a heavy shower of rain for about half an hour at 1 pm. It was wonderful, but didn’t drop the temperature at all. Luvvy, I swea’in’ (sweating)!! I’ve just come back from a very nice craft class where the kids painted the clay creations they made last week. They were so quiet and well behaved, and would you believe it, my sleepover girls asked me to tell them the story of Maree and Ronald again. Most of the class, not being GNC kids, hadn’t heard it, and they were quiet throughout and loved the story. I ended by saying that Maree took up a craft class where she really wanted to tell the kids about God, and that if anyone wanted to know more, they should speak to her. It was fun, and I wove in the gospel and whatever else I could think of by way of teaching! I thank God for the opportunity to minister to the kids in that way – sometimes things come about in strange ways.

I was pleased to find onions in the Star at last. There were only a handful left, and not very nice ones, but I selected four of the better looking, non-mouldy ones. I went on to look at nectarines, and then a fresh trolley load of onions came by, so I picked out another three, better looking ones this time. Very happy to have such a good stash of them in the fridge now.

We dropped the boys off with Steve and Maureen for babysitting last night - it was great to leave the boys there and be on our own! The first stop was the Orange Tree Oriental Restaurant to pick up our pre-ordered take-aways, of spring rolls and pork chop suey, and then we drove down to the docks and parked outside Donny’s place. We walked along the rest of the way to the level space where the sand is dredged from the sea, and set up our camp chairs and ate there, right at the water’s edge. We saw a school of fish skipping over the water as something was obviously behind them, although we could only see a bigger splash working through the water, and we watched the glorious sunset. We both felt that this was certainly a memorable Valentine’s Day date, and ranked as one of the best!

No comments: