Friday, March 28, 2008

Deadline shifted

I had the final installment of dentistry on my troublesome tooth today. At last now it has been permanently filled, and the work is done. It wasn’t a fun dentist outing, as he first had to drill away the temporary filling, then screw a cap around the tooth which hurt my gum, and then do all the fillings. He cautioned me that this tooth is only for smiling, not for eating! So I have to concentrate on eating on the right side of my mouth. After all these sessions of work on this tooth, and finally the root canal, I had to pay the bill…₤1.30!

We were back at school this morning, and it was fine apart from the boys being chatterboxes and wrigglers. It’s quite amazing how much noise they can generate by scraping their chairs in and out, rocking on their chairs on the uneven floor (maybe I should be considering gluing felt to the feet of the chairs), and general mumbling and muttering. We started the day, after the bible reading and prayer, with writing their words in water, with paint brushes, on the outside wall. They got a real kick out of that. Then it was back inside for the rest of the usual stuff. It was a bit weird launching back into school on a Thursday and trying to pick up where we left off last Wednesday.

Tammy phoned Nick today to say that the album needs to be finished by 9 April, so they are really going to have to work hard now. Nick came downstairs to tell me that bad news that between now and then, all his free evenings will be spent at Tammy doing recordings. I think I’ll survive though, knowing that it’s a short-term arrangement!

No comments: