Wednesday, April 09, 2008

New kitchen gadget

The first thing I had to do this morning was to renew my medical insurance. It actually expired yesterday, but I forgot about it and got there too late, so I thought that I’d better not have any medical emergencies between now and then, and that I’d better attend to it post haste! I was there just before nine and they were already open, and it was just a matter of paying over the necessary amount to cover me for the next three months. They have all the details on the computer. I was home in time to start school at the usual time, and we whipped through the work in the early session quite quickly, finishing well before 10. That left us time to look at photos of the boys’ births – all the gory c-section pictures, which they wanted to see. I’m looking forward to sorting all the photos into chronological order, so that I can start scrapping in June! I acquired a bread-maker last night from Scilla, who had originally brought it to the island for Vilma. Scilla asked to borrow it while Vincent and Vilma are away, and Vilma left instructions that it was to be left at the manse when Scilla leaves (which she is doing on Saturday), apparently on a permanent basis as Vilma doesn’t use it much. I spent most of the afternoon working on the blinds for Nick’s office. Before I hang them though, I have to paint the window panes and pelmets, as well as Nick’s door which still says “I love you” on the back.

Aaron whispered in my ear today, during the reading of the bibleless peoples all over the world, that he is going to be the missionary who will translate bibles into the languages they need. Lately he is constantly providing analogies of what sin is like, usually quite well. I’m glad that he is thinking in that direction!

No comments: