Thursday, May 01, 2008

This is the house that mom built


I thought I’d better do some actual housework today, so while the washing was washing, I went outside to see what could be done about the untidy back yard. What got done involved throwing away rubbish and bamboo offcuts, a bit of weeding, and putting some things away in the workshop. It’s not perfect, but it’s an improvement. There were about five or six long bamboo poles which Nick couldn’t use on his roof which were lying about, so I decided to make a little shelter for the boys in the corner where they like to play in the dirt. It’s in full sun for the morning and half the afternoon. I brought around all the rest of the bamboo poles which Nick hadn’t used, and got them into height order for my construction. It’s not fully sunproof but makes a big difference, and the boys love their new spot to play. Looking at it, I have to think of Eeyore, whose house usually consists of no more than a couple of sticks leaning together. We’ve therefore nicknamed the shelter “The House at Mom Corner”.

No comments: