Thursday, June 26, 2008

Do or don't?


This morning I met up with Elza at the coffee shop for our Thursday morning coffee. She said that she’s going to cry next Thursday when I can’t make it anymore because we’re back at school! We had an excellent two hours of chatting, chatting, chatting. The boys had been very happily engaged at the mule yard for most of the time, where several other little kiddies were also playing under the eye of an older man, so the boys were safe and occupied. They had a great time. When Elza and I parted ways, I left the boys playing while I went up to the Star for bread, and I also popped in at the consulate to make an appointment to have my hair cut. She could take me in the afternoon which suited the impulsiveness of the decision. I tried to explain how I wanted it cut, but it turned out to be one of those occasions where, not brave enough to take the plunge on something radical, the hairdresser takes the plunge for you and gives you something completely different to the original idea. I wouldn’t have dared ask her to make it so short considering my husband’s preference regarding hair length, but she did a great job.

No comments: