Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Just another Manic Monday (oh-ooo-oh)

Today was my very busy Monday, exacerbated by having to fetch Maddison, one of the girls who comes to GNC but not to the Monday group due to living out of town, who wanted to come. I fetched her from school after doing my beading at Liz – she attends St Paul’s, which is just around the corner from there. She came home with me, and while I was making the supper, so as to have it ready for later, she entertained the boys. It was pretty cool having her there as I didn’t need to actually occupy her with anything! We had arranged to have a picnic for the girls’ group, as it is Kimberley’s last week before she leaves on the ship on Sunday, going to somewhere in the States for about 8 months. It was a fun hour and a half, and all the girls brought way too much food, and ate and laughed, and took photos of each other with their digital cameras, then photos of two of them together, three together, four together, different combinations of themselves, different poses with the different combinations, the dog that came in the door, the card that I made for Kimberley, and most probably the food on the table too. I taught them a cup-shuffling-hand-slapping table game, which was quite fun although they didn’t all get the complicated movements. I finally managed to drag Keisha and Tysha out of the schoolroom at 5.30 to take them home, and by the time I was back home, supper was ready. Maddison joined us for supper, as the plan was that she could meet up with her mom at the Consulate for a ladies’ orchestra practice. Phew!

Our water is so brown at the moment, you can actually see its colour as it runs out of the tap. My theory is that with all the rain (although only a tiny bit today, in the morning – otherwise sunny and warm), mud has run into the reservoirs, which is now in the system. Not very appealing. My favourite part is seeing the brown scum forming in the pot where the pasta was cooking.

No comments: