Thursday, July 10, 2008

Bugged

Today we are a household of sickies. Caleb’s cold, which started on Monday, got far worse and is now in his chest; Aaron is sniffly but not particularly down otherwise; my cold which started on Tuesday developed into a nasty flu, and Nick started displaying the symptoms last night of a cold, which progressed slightly today. He struggled to think clearly when it came to his sermon prep, but managed to get it done. He cancelled his bible studies for tonight, and I’m glad for his sake – but I know the people in Sandy Bay and Head o’Wain miss out!

Yesterday, with the boys and I being under the weather, we cancelled school completely. Caleb spent most of the day in the lounge, either watching DVDs, looking at books, or sleeping on the couch. Aaron was at a bit of a loss to know what to do with his playmate out of action, but he largely amused himself with books too. I spent a chunk of the morning in bed too, but I couldn’t breath one bit through my nose so it was impossible to sleep. I made a pot of soup in the afternoon which was delicious, or at least it looked delicious and had delicious things in it. My taste was a bit thrown off and all I could really make out was a peppery aftertaste. Nick said it was very good. I made a loaf of bread to go with it too. Nick had a wedding rehearsal last night for Ian and Gavie’s wedding on Saturday. Directly after the wedding ceremony, Nick will be doing a baby-blessing thing, as the bridal couple have a 1-year-old son. It’s not a dedication, because after much thought, prayer and discussion, he has decided not to do dedications as we know them. It’s too long a discussion to get into, but I wholeheartedly agree with him. A baby blessing, on the other hand, satisfies the parents and is biblical, in that Jesus laid his hands on the little ones and blessed them.


The ship is in dry-docks at Cape Town harbour, where they are about 2/3 of the way through with the engine overhaul or something. They are inspecting the entire ship from stern to aft, and blasting and painting and things like that. Apparently it will only be leaving Cape Town on the 25th of July – two weeks behind schedule now.

No comments: