Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Shoplifted

Today was higgledy-piggledy. This morning, feeling a bit anxious about some things needing doing before the ship leaves on Thursday, I thought I should rather just take what time I need this morning, since this afternoon I had plans, and catch up the missed school next week, when we have a holiday. Since I am a homeschooler, I may as well not stress myself out by sticking to schedules when some flexibility is required! So, we just did the first session, fitting in most of the Maths and the language studies, and then after giving the boys their snacks at ten, I went out shopping. I wasn’t out for very long and found what I needed, having gone from Queen Mary’s to Rose & Crown, and then down to the Star. I left my shopping bag at the Star on the shelf, as is customary, and when I went out the shop it was gone. Either someone stole it, or someone picked it up by mistake and will return it. I found a lady who looked like she was in charge at the Star and explained what had happened, even though there probably wasn’t much she could do about it, but she said they would call the radio station to get it aired, so if it had been accidentally picked up, the person would realize and return it. I didn’t listen to the radio after that, so I don’t know if that happened. I have to say though that I think it was stolen – there were no other shopping bags around, so it’s not really like someone could have picked it up with their bags. We had our usual lunch of sandwiches and Oxo/jam/peanut butter, and then Pam arrived at 12.30 to visit and play guitar. We had a jolly good time together, playing off and on for about 2 hours. We played through some kids’ songs as well, in early preparation for holiday bible club which will be from 20-24 October.

No comments: