Thursday, October 16, 2008

What guitar practice?

Well, the sun shone in Longwood today for a short while, and there was no rain today – an improvement! Very cold though, especially now as I’ve been sitting still for so long. Pam came around this evening for our regular guitar practice, but I confess that we didn’t pick a string, rather doing iris folding on card making!! Because Pam does girl guides, she has to keep coming up with interesting crafts for them (which is why I’ll be doing a scrapbook page with them end November). She came upon this iris folding thing which I had never heard of, so we decided that she’d teach me how to do it tonight. It’s very simple, just a bit fiddly, but the results are amazing.

This morning, the boys and I went to the Coffee Shop in town to join up with Elza and Maureen for their regular coffee morning every Thursday, which I like to join in with when we’re on holiday. The boys shared a banana milkshake and chocolate cake; I had banana cake and café mocha. We had a great time together, chatting for a little over an hour. When I left them after 12, I bought some bread and rolls from the Star, browsed around Warrens who is having a sale (didn’t see anything with a price that shouted ‘buy me’), then to the Emporium to buy a new drawing book for Caleb, as he filled his last 100-page book with aliens and monsters. Already he has filled about three pages today. He’s constantly at their little desk with pencils and crayons and an imaginative mind. Back home by 1.30; Nick had already had lunch so I fed the boys and then got back to work with some beading and crafting I had started earlier.

No comments: