Friday, November 07, 2008

Too skinny

Yesterday I had to take the boys to a Child Clinic here in Longwood, to see which of their inoculations I have missed. Aaron was supposed to get one at 5 years which I went for, but they didn’t have the right thing in stock and I guess I forgot about it after that. Well, two of the nurses suggested to me at Bible Study last week that I should get the boys checked out, especially because they aren’t in public school where all this stuff would be done as part of their schooling. The clinic happens every second week, so yesterday was the first opportunity I had to go. Jacqui had a good look over their immunization charts, and then decided which shot they should get. Unfortunately she didn’t have the stuff again, but apparently it is coming on the ship from Cape Town. She then weighed and measured both boys and plotted their height/weight on a different chart to see if they were okay. Caleb is just falling within an acceptable percentile for his age, but Aaron is underweight. I explained that he’s always been small, but they want me to try fatten him up a bit. I’m happy to try, anyway, and I have to get him weighed every fourth week now. We’ll get their inoculations done when we get Aaron weighed again. So, that was yesterday’s fun. The rest of yesterday and today have been much the normal – school, then I’ve been busy with Tammy’s album cover.

No comments: