Thursday, January 01, 2009

Goodbye 2008

Yesterday I spent most of the day crafting…bliss! I had to fold and put away some washing, but other than that I didn’t even do housework. I had some beading to do (an order), then in the late afternoon/evening I started a page, the photo of which was taken at Wimpy at Hartebeespoort Dam in March 2005, while we were on holiday with you at Magaliespark. It’s just of me and Nick, and I altered it on the computer before getting it printed out – I’ve had it for ages, and I just thought it would be fun to scrap. The layout fell together, and I finished it last night apart from the eyelets which took some serious hammering, so I did that bit this morning. It actually goes against my whole scrapping philosophy – I think scrapping for the sake of it is silly. A page should tell a story, but this one says nothing. It was purely fun!

This morning I still had the grocery shopping to do, was home by lunch time, then scrapped in the afternoon and made a pudding for the evening.

Our New Years’ Eve celebration this year took place at Steve and Maureen’s house, per their kind invitation. Sarel and Elza were also part of the group, and it was a lovely evening – good food and good chatting. We didn’t even have to resort to games to stay awake! Steve was in the middle of a story about a UK bank transfer gone awry when midnight rolled around, so it was about ten minutes after by the time we noted the new year and wished one another. Then home and into bed!

No comments: