Thursday, January 29, 2009

Friends find fresh fruit for foreigner (that's me)

School was good…I’ve been doing extra work throughout the week to prepare for Friday’s short school day (I’ll be selling beads), so the workload has been a little heavier. We’ve started studying birds again, in more detail this time. Yesterday we did ostriches, and today was penguins. The Emperor Penguin can reach a height of 120cm as an adult – nearly as tall as Caleb. We measured.


The boys were invited to Katie’s birthday party at 4.30 this afternoon. I dropped them off, pottered about at home, and then Nick and I both fetched them at 6.30. We stayed for a cup of coffee and cake (me, drinking coffee at 6.30 – I wonder if I’ll sleep tonight?), then got home just in time for Nick to leave again for Bible study.



Yesterday Claire came by with a bag of tomatoes – she found them in Thorpes, and knowing how much I love them, bought some for me. This afternoon DT came by with a handful of them too – I must surely obsess over the lack of tomatoes more than anything else!! Mental note to self…stop discussing tomatoes with people you’ve only just met. Anyway, so now I have a beautiful array of them on top of the fridge in degrees of ripeness. I am blessed! Today’s lunch was a tomato and mayonnaise sandwich, on brown bread nogal.

Hmm, finished this page today…not entirely happy with it, but hey, I was whale-like after all.

No comments: