Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tennis-tennis?

Today was a hot day in Longwood, certainly the hottest we’ve had. I don’t have a thermometer here, but I’d say it was at least 25! Nick had a deacons’ retreat during the morning which I think went very well – he shared his vision for the church to go “WIDER” – focusing on the areas of worship, intercession (prayer), discipleship, evangelism and relationships (community). He and the deacons also plotted a calendar of church events for the year which will include gospel sings and a camp. He got home after lunch time but was still up for a game of tennis. There is an ancient court right here in Piccolo with half a net and the ghosts of lines still painted on, so we had a bit of fun. Turns out we are both rubbish at tennis, but I’m sure with practice we will improve. The main thing was that we both enjoyed it and deemed it a suitable form of exercise. I’ve never before played tennis with goats watching so this was novel. One poor goat was tethered to one of the fence posts, so every time I ran to that corner after the ball, it got nervous and tried to run away. The boys were also watching, and when they came too close to the skittish creature it ran right under the broken fence and on to the court. Poor thing…we had to very slowly guide it in the right direction to get back under the fence and out of the way! Sadly, I couldn’t play tennis with the camera around my neck, so there was no photo of that…instead, the PotD is this cute one of Aaron.

No comments: